13 October 2011

Svenska som andraspråk

Swedish as a Second Language!
Is what I'm taking now.
Just so you know.

Nice to have some more structure to my days, since volunteering is not as easy here, and jobs are not yet forthcoming.

So now I'm in the grundnivå, which means I'm back in elementary school!  It's sort of a condensed, sped-up version of what Swedish children take in grammar school.  And if I'm really clever, I'll be back in highschool within a year....yikes. 

But I feel like I respond well to an occasional class with its endless fill-in-the-blanks, and it's rather nice to hear Swedish that I can understand for three hours at a time.

Also? When I got on my bike this morning it was TWO degrees out!  Take that, Manhattan.  That's 35.6 degrees for you Americans.

Det är hösten!

No comments:

Post a Comment