16 June 2011

Good news

I start Swedish lessons on June 27!  Thanks to my sixteen years of education (and watching those kids shows I talked about) I am able to start at level 3C (the highest is 3D).

The Svenskundervisning För Invandrare (Swedish language school for immigrants, which sounds like, "inwanderers") institution fully funds this endeavor, and because I'm starting at that level I have been placed in a school called Hermods.

If the course being completely subsidized isn't enough incentive to learn the native language and participate fully in the community, they also offer a monetary "bonus" if you finish the highest course and successfully complete the final test within a year of starting your studies.  But not a 600 kr savings bond or something, it can be up to 12,000 kr!  (That's nearly 2,000 dollars if the dollar stops climbing already).  Untaxed.

Anyways, totally gauche to talk about money, I know.  But....I just wanted to gloat a little, because even the subsidized Swedish lessons seemed like "bonus" enough...

In other news, bike basket:


puss!

No comments:

Post a Comment