07 June 2011

I Sverige!

Hello all!
This is my...fourth? whole day in Sweden, and boy I couldn't be happier.  It has been 12 hour-long days of sunlight, good food, Campari drinks, walks along the river, and searching for a good sewing machine (and desk, and bike....)

My Swedish is improving by the minute, as we all knew it would, and that feels great.  Otherwise I'm just trying to adjust to having "nothing" to do.  Today I signed up to get a personnummer, which is like a national ID number that I believe will also stand as my "social security number".  I don't know why I thought they might just give me one today (because Sweden is efficient? I don't know), but I will have to wait two weeks to get it in the mail.  Which means I will also have to wait two weeks to get a bank account, to look for a job....everything.  Oh well, I'm sure I will find SOMETHING to do....

Below, please find some pictures to make you jealous!


This is breakfast...


And this is lunch....


  
This is a wonderful welcoming-to-new-home present (along with my name on the mailbox and space in the closets!)


And these are things I love:
walks

 three brown bags (left to right: Carl, Arianna, Erik)

elaborate maths/home-work
Puss!

2 comments:

  1. JÄ Rakastan Sinua!
    and I love these photos! And I love that you are so happy and cute in all of them! And I love your writing! I can't wait to -s-e-e-y-o-u--->>>!!!!!

    ReplyDelete