19 May 2009

grådag

Tuesday, May 19, 2009
tisdag 19 maj 2009

It's already the 19th of May!!! How have I been here so long???

Sorry for not posting yesterday.

I spent the day with Dave Brubeck....on my iPod. We had a pretty nice time. I was frustrated in the morning for lack of direction, but I bit the bullet and tried my bricka on the access pad and it WORKED! There just happens to be one singular 1 mm square spot on both the bricka and my card, and once they match up, I'm in!

So I started on the part that has made me the most nervous--documentation! I really like doing it, but I have a hard time when I think about the information I might NOT be collecting because I don't know to, or WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT EACH METAL LOOKS LIKE....but I had nothing else constructive to do, so I turned on Jazz at Oberlin [Live], and Dave and I (and his band) collected some awesome data and drew some bitchin' sketches.

The best part is, the way that the data sheets are organized actually help me organize the other parts I was getting anxious about, so double-score!


When I got home, it was so awful out that finally I went to the store (alone) and Dave and I made this soup:

http://bread-and-honey.blogspot.com/2009/01/mushroom-quinoa-stew.html

which I would eat every day for the rest of my life, and I'm only exaggerating slightly. I had to make some substitutions, good and bad. I'm sorry I didn't have homemade stock like I have the past few times (nbd), but it's been so beautiful out I just can't be bothered to sit inside near the pot for 4 hours! Fine when you're knitting in the winter in a HOUSE. And the mushroom boullion that I substituted was so. good. The other thing I miss is fancy mushrooms, but I suppose my wallet's the better for it. You should check out their other recipes, Pea Soup with Pancetta? That's what I would eat every OTHER day for the rest of my life.

I chatted with the three Danes and one Englishman who are here for a conference, tried a Danish beer, and then hung out on the Vega until the wee hours talking about cars, obviously.

To the magasin!

hej då!

No comments:

Post a Comment