17 May 2009

ugh, photos.

Sorry, I totally forgot the photos. Looking through the, like, 6 I took before my camera used up the new batteries made me realize that I also forgot to mention how much I was attracted to the town and it's darling architecture, serious focus on history (and the evolution of man and His History as well, which I love), etc, etc. But I feel like it's because a river runs through it! And that reminds me of another town I love so very much.

Anyways, ok sentimental.

You're just going to have to put these together with the words in the post below them, I really can't be bothered, sorrrry.


Domkyrkan (Cathedral)



Gustaviarum, that cupola thing is the Surgery Theater or whatever.

The river! Right under the tree, on the right bank, there are all sorts of wooden platforms built in for people to sit on.



Don't tell them I said this, but these guys were like, the worst dancers of the lot. They carried sticks and the women, in what I assume are traditional dresses, carried fake swords that they flipped back and forth. I'd like to see what it was like done correctly, or maybe I'm being too judgy.


This was the first group I saw, what is it, Karnival(en)?


I hate blogger. These are all out of order. But this was the relatively serreptitious photo I took of my view at the cafe in the Botanic Gardens, which you will see below.
Ahhh, order.

And here's my view from the Castle, and, as the cliche goes, the picture doesn't do it justice.


Stickers everywhere. I forgot to take them off, I SWEAR I forgot, I'm not one of those people who wears the Met (al) button all over Manhattan because you forgot.



This is a monkey house. A MONKEY HOUSE. Literally my first thought was..ok well my first thought was that they were birdhouses, but when I found out they were monkey houses all I wanted to do was call my friend Gilbert, that monkey-lover. These are all over the garden at Linneas' house. I guess he had a lot of different kinds of animals, and they all loved him as much as he loved them, as said the information on the plaques.
Slideshow over! I hope none of you are disappointed in my relative overflow of words but lack of photos...I just have so many thoughts about everything, and I hate people seeing me take pictures...they don't know that it's for a Very Important Blog. What do I care what they think, I suppose, but I just hate being That Visitor.
Anyways, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment